The CDI offers a three-day course in the fundamentals of the
knowledge discovery process and data mining tools.
Participants will receive a copy of the book, "Data
Mining Techniques for Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support" by Michael J. Berry and
Participants will also receive hand-outs that describe the
CDI the data mining tools in the
CDI, the CDI data mining tool evaluation process and how
to schedule and conduct projects in the CDI.
Upon completion of this course the participant will:
The cost of these three-day courses will be $1,500/person
with a minimum enrollment of six people, not including travel and living expenses.
- Understand the knowledge discovery process
- Understand the role of data mining in decision support and business intelligence.
- Understand the data mining methodology including pre-mining activities such as data
quality analysis, model validation, and model evaluation activities.
- Understand the suite of available data mining algorithms in the CDI and how they
- Have gained hands-on experience with data mining tools.
- Understand how KDD projects can be structured to meet business objectives