The Start project is a very focused, first step of turning data into intelligence. It is the CDIís objective that
a Start project be completed within two weeks of the receipt of the clientís data.
By completing the project within two weeks the client will have concrete information to use
in order to make decisions on moving forward in the most cost-effective manner.
Although the CDI has very significant data storage, data manipulation, and data analytics capabilities, specific constraints
must be followed to meet such a short time cycle.
General Constraints for a Start
Typical Cost for a Start Project
- The data must be delivered in a physical media and format compatible with CDI systems.
- The total data must be less than 5 gigabytes.
- A complete data dictionary must be provided, ideally before delivering the data, in order that the CDI staff is able to understand and process the data in an expeditious manner.
- The client must extract the data from the client's system so that it is reasonably clean and complete.
- Only one analytical objective will be defined.
Typical Start Project Tasks
- The fixed price fee by the CDI for a typical
Start project will be $20,000. The CDI will bring to bear a comprehensive
suite of corporate class computer systems and enterprise ready database, data manipulation and data analytics tools to meet
the objectives of the project.
- Load the clientís data into the CDI database software
- Confirm compatibility of the clientís data with the CDI software
- Understand the meaning and encoding of the data variables
- Perform an initial data quality analysis thru statistical techniques
If the data is of sufficient cleanliness and completeness:
- Perform a specific statistical or data mining task
- Provide a final report
- Provide a report with recommendations for correcting data deficiency problems and/or data enrichments.